Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pondered Points


-The above poem excerpt is how my husband won my heart; altogether now....awwww!
-Why is it that we as a society rarely even say hello to each other in the grocery line, much less strike up a conversation? YET, when one or the other has a baby the smiles are a given, and the conversation is sometimes downright uplifiting!
-When our little girl sneezes my husband tells her, "Skat Cat"...I love that.
-I'm 26 and have been of voting age for the past two, going on three, elections. I still don't know if I'm Republican or Democrat. In fact, I don't think I'll label myself as either. Can either candidate possibly make a positive impact on our nation? There doesn't have to be radical change at every turn, but betterment. That's how I'll decide.
-I'm a teacher by profession and strive to better myself each year. Reading any kind of publication by fellow teachers helps me feel that "I'm not the only one". I picked up "The Courage to Teach" by Parker J. Palmer today at Half-Price Books; we'll see.

No comments: