Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Encourage


anyone interested in books of any kind to recommend what you love, kinda loved, or hated so the rest of us can benefit! An anonymous poster listed some of her favs on the "Wrong One" post, so check them out if you'd like...and thanks to that Anon:) I'll write 'em down and give 'em a shot!

For the past few days I've been reading the above pictured book during my spare time, which consists of BabyGirl's naptime or before I "hit the hay". It is the first novel produced by Sue Monk Kidd, and wow did she do a bang up job!!! It's an easy read in that she keeps the story moving, and I fell in love and/or hate with the characters very quickly. I've already laughed, cried and made note to write down some of her metaphors that just knocked me out...really...they're beautiful. I usually highlight or underline or write page numbers in the back of the book regarding great sentences, scenes, etc., but I checked this one out from the library, and they don't appreciate that:) Anyhoo, I can't wait to finish it because I'll be moving right along to her second novel, 'The Mermaid Chair'. Kidd has a new reader!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED this book! Mermaid Chair...well, please post your thoughts after you read it...

Anonymous said...

The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns....incredible. Best books I've read in years and I usually have at least two going at a time.