Thursday, July 10, 2008

One Wicked Whirlwind


So, the moving is done...kind of. Little brother and me are going to storage this afternoon to grab the office furniture, and then I'm done until I transfer storage facilities. Everything went rather smoothly, as smoothly as any move can be expected to go, I guess. But let me share with you some "sporadic revelations", if you will:

TXU sucks in every way that it's possible to suck...Reliant has a new, always pay on time customer. TXU...get some CSR's that speak clearly and know what in the Hades they're doing; just sayin'.

Cutting costs on movers isn't really worth it. I mean, they move really fast, but our buffet lost a leg [thank God for Elmer's], one of our chest of drawers has a non-life threatening, yet ugly wound, and it took me 3 loaded Expedition trips to gather what the movers left in the apartment...sheeeesh.

More about movers...whether it's a gazillion degrees or not, some should just leave their shirts on.

Last thing about movers...at least when they pass gas while going up the steps they say, "Excuse Me"...I'm still laughing about that one:)

To sum it up, I'm happy, happy, happy to be in a house again, and Baby Girl loves her room and working in the flower beds with me. Hubby J will enjoy it more when he comes in from the big AK next time. All in all, these are very good times.

9 comments:

lovelit said...

canyouproveit...I had a good childhood here and wanted my child raised in a small, quiet, away from the metroplex town. I love to travel to faraway places, but I like having a peaceful home to come back to. Decatur ain't so bad:)

Anonymous said...

Are you going to teach in Decatur this coming school year? I'm asking because I also grew up here and have been teaching here for a long time.

lovelit said...

Anon 10:07, hopefully I'll be teaching in Decatur (again). By the way, are your initials SP:)

Anonymous said...

OK Lovelit and anon 10:07 (SP) - I'm on to you. I'll reveal myself in an email soon. SP-I'm just to your west at work.

We'd love to have you back, but check the crazy, backward, upside-down, accelerated, modified, bassackward AB block, sort-of, schedule we're moving to next year.

Hopefully the new principal can see a better plan.

Anonymous said...

This is the anon 10:07 from the other day. You guessed wrong on who I am. I'm actually at a different campus than the one you seem to be talking about. I was trying to solve the mystery of who Lovelit is and now I have the anon 9:53 to work on. :) Any other clues???

lovelit said...

11:33...I graduated from Decatur High School in 2000 and worked there as an English teacher for a year and a half. I had a baby girl during the 06-07 school year.

Anonymous said...

Well, of course, anon 9:53 is at the HS. Your campus?

lovelit said...

HS as well.

Anonymous said...

Anon 9:53 (me) sat next to Lovlit and Baby Girl at a recent 'baby thing' in Denton at a nice Mexican food restaurant near the square.

Now who is anon 10:07. Initials?