Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wrong One


I went to the Decatur Library to check out "The Alchemist" as recommended by Jarhead, as I said I would. I typed in the title since I couldn't remember the author. I came across "The Alchemyst", and it was in the juvenile fiction section which surprised me. I started reading the book jacket and thought, "Surely not". Although reading about a long lost book that must be found or else the universe will perish is intriguing, I didn't think that was up Jarhead's alley. Decatur doesn't have Paulo Coehlo's "The Alchemist", but I asked them to order it. Will write a brief "what I thought about it" once I finish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you read this one? I've come across it a time or two, but it's never made it to my "to read" pile...

lovelit said...

10:16..nope, haven't read it, but I like the fantasy genre...Harry Potter, Spiderwick Chronicles, etc., so maybe it'll go in my "to read" pile, but it may take me a while to get to it:)

And Aart...thanks for the link!

Jarhead™ said...

Sheesh. I'll mail you my copy and you can just send it back when you're done.

lovelit said...

S'alright, Jar! There's one on its way, and thanks to your recommendation countless Wise Countians may be exposed to the "possible" greatness of it...sleep soundly tonight.

Anonymous said...

I've found a new "must read" young adult fantasy author. Cinda Williams Chima wrote Warrior Heir, Wizard Heir, and the upcoming Dragon Heir. An added bonus-she responds to kids (and adults) who email her.

I've also become a huge fan of Scott Westerfeld. I loved Peeps, and his Midnighters trilogy is wondeful.

Husband, college age son and I all loved RIck Yancey's The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp. I hope the other books in the series are as good.

I've gone through 25 YA books so far this summer. The goal was 100, but my "grown up" reading keeps distracting me.