Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Say What?

[pic]

Yesterday, regarding my interactions with complete strangers, was a weird day. While walking up the courthouse steps a woman, appearing to be in her late sixties or so, stopped Baby Girl and me. She commented on Ella's hair being red...the SAME color as mine, mind you...normal conversation these days. But, then she said, "Those redheads are a different breed of people". All I could say was, "Yep". Then, later in the day, I attempt to order an iced "skinny mocha" from Starbucks. The drive-thru operator proceeds to tell me that it's been discontinued due to not selling well. I nonchalantly commented that I guess my order didn't matter. Instead of answering with a lame and cheesy, yet expected, "Oh, every customer matters, yada, yada, the not so motivated saleswoman says, "Yeah, probably not". Let's think before we spout opinions, why don't we.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive worked in a fast food restaurant for almost 4 years and i think its safe to say that if you (the customer) give us (the employee) a smart ass comment, its a pretty safe bet that we will give you a just as smart or smarter ass comment back. it kind of goes along with the rule of treat others how you want to be treated.

oh and the starbucks lady: it's not her fault that the skinny mocha whatever was discontinued for lack of demand therefore, you shouldn't direct your negative comments towards the drive thru person but rather fill out a comment card or something.

AND the decatur starbucks is shutting down in october or november anyways.

lovelit said...

5:40, I'd just like to defend myself by pointing out that I nonchalantly/jokingly talked to her about the silly mocha. I'm not one to treat others badly...the Starbucks folks usually joke, ya know?

Kathleen... said...

Don't sweat it, Love. It's just a human character flaw to not have a sense of humor. Yup, I'm right. ;)

Anonymous said...

OK - the Decatur Starbucks was NOT on the national list of Starbucks closing - what's your source?

Shu - is that short for shoestring?
If you knew Lovelit, you'd have NEVER made those tacky comments. She's the sweetest gal you'll ever know.

Now, take it back - now!

Anonymous said...

The Decatur Starbucks is not closing. I don't know where that rumor started. I saw it on "LL in the land of DQ" too.

Different breed of people? That's OK! Different = good, sweet and wonderful in your case.