Thursday, October 9, 2008

5K


I'm walking, yes walking, a 5K with my mom, aunt and 30 other women supporting my aunt Saturday at the Susan G. Komen Walk in Wichita Falls. It's the small one, obviously. I'm looking very forward to it. My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and chemotherapy made her very, very sick, landing her in the hospital for three months. She has since recovered and is cancer free. We're walking with her and for her.

As for the "5K" part, I titled the post that because it sounds way cooler than 3.5 mile...which is what it is. The metric system is just better, huh?...I say that but couldn't convert a dang mile to a kilometer or vice versa before I discovered this walk was a 5K. Anyhoo, can't wait to sport my pink tee and walk with hundreds of women who have been touched by this disease and have overcome...s'gonna be good.

No comments: