Monday, October 27, 2008

Fashion Flop





I don't consider myself to be one of the fashion savvy. When I go to work I like to wear slacks, nice "blouses" or sweaters, matching trouser socks and shoes that don't kill me. I never "go out", and my casual wear consists of jeans and those same shirts I wear to work. So, when walking into "Glitzy Girls", a makeshift boutique inside the Lion's Club today, I felt rather out of place. There were lotsa rhinestones, sparklies and, get this...skulls. What is up with the skulls? If every last woman in the world were sporting skulls and kicking those that weren't I still wouldn't wear them. To be fair, I did buy a hoodie with a "chromish-like, shiny eagle on the back...to wear on "game days"; I like to think that I can be sparkly (without reminding all around me of death).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not into the skulls either, but the 12-year-old has been begging for some. I'm not giving in - yet!

CB

Kathleen... said...

Ugh....can't stand the skulls either! Wearing death?? Nuh-uh! Not a bedazzled type either...;)