Sunday, June 21, 2009

Date Night


Josh and I ate at P.F. Chang's Saturday night...first time there...pretty good. Truluck's is still my favorite dining experience in DFW...so far.

We contemplated Avanti as our restaurant of choice last night...anyone been there?

After dinner we went to see Star Trek. Eehhh, it was alright. I'm not a trekky, but my husband kinda is, so he got a few "inside jokes", but even he made fun of the guy in front of us that laughed a bit too heartily at a few not so funny moments. At least it was short. We both agreed we should've seen Pelham 123.
[pic]

Pseudo-Sappiness Alert:
The hubs and I always have excellent conversation, and I mentioned to him last night that if we ever became that couple that sits and stares off into space, showing no sign of life until the food arrives, then that will be the time we "hang it up", we'll be "done", it's "el fin". I don't see it happenin'. I love that guy.

3 comments:

SP said...

My hubby and I really liked Star Trek and we've never seen any of the other ones, so maybe our tastes in movies differs from yours...... but I highly recommend the Pixar movie - UP - I loved it, loved it; It was so sweet, funny (especially if you are a dog person), and fun. I think it is more for adults than kids. The colors, the music, the tender message - I loved it all.

You have to just go with the flow of the story and not question the reality of situations. Duh! Of course you can't - it's animation. (Oops - sorry - having a conversation with myself.)

Anonymous said...

The Proposal is also good. Sandra Bullock is wonderful again, but Betty White just can't be beat for comedy. Ryan Reynolds was easy on the eyes.

Kathleen... said...

Oh, that stare-into-space scenario is so funny! My GF and I do the same thing; "If you ever notice [the Spouse] and I doing that, put me out of my misery?" lol Kinda sad...just coexisting, huh?

PF Changs? YUM. I've never been to Truluck's though...Spousal Unit says it's great though.

Glad you enjoyed Date Night. I liked Star Trek WAY better than you did! ;)