Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Proud...Always


With all of the "not so proud to be an American" syndrome going on lately, I just wanted to take this moment to say that I am and have always been proud to be an American and a Texan. I respect people from all walks of life in every different country in this world, and if they do not return that respect, so be it. Too many people seem to be basing their pride on how others view them/us as a country. It doesn't make sense. As I see it, those who have given their lives over the past 230 years to keep this country free did not do so in order for other countries to like us. They fought for proud Americans wanting to live in this country freely. So, ladies and gents, we should suck it up in the bad times, keeping our heads held high... not looking for someone who promises an overnight Utopia. Sorry, Will.

2 comments:

Kathleen... said...

I agree, Love. I noticed whilst shopping the Fourth tees today that very few were red, white & blue. To the contrary, many were pastels, wacky rainbow colors...too many had nothing patriotic about them at all.

Rottenly sad sign of the times. Like you, pride in the country that affords us all so much should never be diminished in favor of politics.

Jarhead™ said...

I wish more people had your attitude. One of my pet peeves is how the groundswell of patriotism post 9/11 has degraded into the current situation. What happened to all those red blooded Americans? It's sad but I can't help but laugh and think "yeah, right" whenever I see a faded bumper sticker on a car or a business with "United We Stand" on the sign outside.

I could go on for hours, but nobody wants that. :)