Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Electric Woes


I'm currently sitting at my Mom's computer, with Baby Girl in my lap. Why aren't we at our own house? Excellent question. Around 1:30 I was just sitting down to doodle on the laptop while Baby Girl was napping. All of a sudden lights started flickering, and there was a god-awful buzz throughout the house. Then, from underneath the buffet, which is below our wall-mounted television, smoke starts pouring out. The smell was awful, and as I looked behind the buffet I saw actual flames. I freaked. Luckily my brother was there or I would have freaked out even more. I started yelling for him to "Come quickly", and I opened the doors to let the smoke out. The fire went out on its own...thank God, and the source of it was a power strip that was partially melted. The strip itself burnt into the wood floor, and there's now a nice black blob on the baseboard. Electrician should be calling me any minute...insurance claim? I hope so.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

My sincere sympathies -- electrical fire/smoke scare the bejesus out of me too! Awful, wicked smell too....