Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Library Lull


As I was perusing through Jarhead's blog this morning I decided to take his advice and get "The Alchemist", although, instead of getting it on iTunes I'm going to go to the library later today to pick it up. The library is so underused by today's society, and it's a shame. Now, I'm one who likes to own my books so I can build up my own library for my daughter to eventually enjoy, BUT, the public library is a great way to test out different authors without breaking the bank, as books can get darned expensive these days. I've had a library card since I was really young and keep it current, which prompted a snide comment from my brother as he came across it in my wallet the other day...whateva ATOM. So, if you find a couple of minutes in your day, go to your local library...lotsa free, educational programs, books, movies, etc. You may be surprised at how much you're missing:)

No comments: