Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shedding Light on Lovelit


During our end of the day get together at the high school today Troy Bagwell pulled up this blog and pointed out that yes, I'm a teacher at Decatur. No point to the secrecy, I guess. My name is Sarah Durham, and I'm teaching English at the high school again after having taken a year off to stay home with my Baby Girl, Ella, who is now 16 months old. I love the people at Decatur, and it's been great getting reacquainted with many.

I started this blog in June, with the gracious help of Barry Green. I e-mailed him to ask him how to begin, and he e-mailed back a couple of times with simple instructions, and after a day or two of fiddling I got better at it. There's still lots I haven't done...notice I have no widgets, but thanks to Randy Rodgers' and Jeff Womack's explanations of them I will soon. Who knows, maybe someone from Saskachewan has visited...how would I know without the little map widget? Blogging is a blast for me...just jotting down my thoughts now and then, talking about life and literature. If you're reading this, then you're visiting, and for me, who has always dreamed of being a published writer of a "real" novel, it's exciting. Thanks for stopping by:)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

very glad you did!! Maybe I'll introduce myself tomorrow in training!

Anonymous said...

Look forward to reading your blog.
another Decatur teacher.

Anonymous said...

i knew it! Not knowing who you were was bothering me so much that i went to the high school's website and looked at the list of teachers and clicked on the young ones. i clicked on your name but it didnt say that you went to sam houston on your teacher page so i didnt think it was you...

thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your identity. I spent yesterday narrowing my list of suspects! I like your blog, and as a fellow DISD teacher, I am so happy to know that the deep thinker and eloquent writer known as lovelit is a coworker! Our children are blessed!

Anonymous said...

I knew your identity of course, and it's been a great way to keep up with you. When you hadn't posted in a few days I figured it was because you were busy doing the whole teacher preparation thing. I'll probably never start a blog for that reason--I'll never keep up with it!

From a FORMER Decatur teacher...
(nothing against Decatur teachers...)

lovelit said...

4:03...I'm guessing you're the one who always orders the #14 from Casa Torres?...hehe

Anonymous said...

Technology is wonderful and I'm learning more than I ever thought I would! I like the layout of your blog! I'm enjoying reading it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What is your maiden name? I used to teach at DHS. If I had your name as it was then, I might could remember?

lovelit said...

9:17...Lawson