Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Have I Ever


[pic]
given my opinion on the retail giant that is Wal-Mart lately? If not, I'd like to take these few moments, before I make myself go to bed at a decent hour, to rant. Since the Decatur Wal-Mart has undergone new management things are worse than before. What do I mean by things? Cleanliness is at an all time low, and if there are 20 stinkin' lines, why aren't there at least half as many checkers @ 5:30 in the afternoon...real-life, living, breathing, moving checkers. I'm no marketing genius, but if a large number of your customers show up at a certain time, at least try to look efficient while they're there. Also, if I'm going to go through the Self-checkout line I should receive somewhat of a discount since I'm doing the work that the store should provide. And when I do go through the self-checkout, begrudgingly might I add, the red light goes off...it NEVER fails. Today, all three of the self lines were blinking red...what's the point? The point is that the powers that be know that Wise County has zilch regarding all-in-one shopping options. As a wife, mommy and just flat out busy lady the all-in-one is a must. But, mark my words, when Target or Costco make their way to these parts I'll never darken the doors of Wal-Mart again...ev-er.

8 comments:

GoneCrazy said...

I have an aunt in Fort Worth and a few years back Walmart put in a store just a few blocks from her house. The neighborhood had a fit. She told Walmart that she would never shop there again. They said yeah right just wait untill you need something really quick. Still to this day she will not step foot in a Walmart. Even if she has to drive an extra 15 mins to get something really quick.

Anonymous said...

I quit going a loooong time ago. It is worth the time to me to drive to Denton to Target. Friendly helpful people, clean and worth the few extra minutes to get there.

Gator said...

Amen, amen, amen! Can't wait for Super Target to get here. In the meantime, I will travel to the Roanoke Walmart. The extra gas used is worth every dollar. I will only go to Decatur Walmart if I absolutely have to.

Kathleen... said...

I hate WalMart. Customer Service?? What's that??

LOVE the photo....very, very funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

I also hate walmart! They are always out of things I need. Try getting your prescription at just about any time of the day and the lines are horrible. At 5 the lines are past the makeup area and they only have 2 people working the front. Would love to see a Walgreens and Albertsons come in here!

Anonymous said...

I've heard rumors of a CVS, Home Depot, Kroger and a Target (regular Target) at the almost-to-start-construction area at 287 and 380. North west corner. Anyone know anything??? I HATE Hell-mart

Anonymous said...

Amen! I couldnt agree more! I cannot stand the Decatur WalMart!!

Anonymous said...

DO NOT go to the Wal Mart pharmacy. No one should be subjected to that torture.

I quit going years ago when my child was an infant, and I waited in line forever while she cried her newborn baby tears - but I had to have the medicine, so I waited, and waited, and waited.....

I switched to Renshaw Drug and haven't had a glitch yet (goin' on 13 years).

For my grandmother, however, I had to use WM once again about a year ago, and had to make three trips BACK to that place before they could get it right. All her info. was supposed to be in the 'system' but they couldn't figure it out. That just reiterated that I WILL NEVER USE WAL MART PHARMACY AGAIN.

Thank goodness for the locals!!