Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mood Liftin' Blooms


[pic]
Mom, Ella and I went out to lunch and shopping today. We went to Lowe's and even though we both went to purchase new kitchen faucets, the flowers and foliage caught our eye(s)! Needless to say, our floral purchases barely fit in the back of the Nissan. It's those spontaneous buys that always make me the happiest though.

Ella-Bear had a good time digging in the dirt as she "helped" me to plant our new flowers. She was covering her legs with dirt and mulch as if she were at the beach and the soil was sand. I handed her a couple of worms, and she had no problem with it...just proceeded to put them in her bucket, along with some rocks, leaves and more dirt. She drank the water straight out of the waterhose too. At first I told her to stop, but then I thought...heck, I did that all the time as a kid, and I turned out "perfectly normal":) When we were finished we were both covered with dirt. Today was a pearl in my oyster world...a happy, happy day.

1 comment:

betty boop said...

Yes, a happy, happy day:) But any day spent with my two girls is a happy, happy day...I am so very blessed!