Friday, October 24, 2008

Double Take



I will watch any movie with Joaquin Phoenix in it, Quills being one of my favorites. Anyway, while searching for a pic for my last post I came across the above pic of Franz Lederer, who was an actor from the early to the mid 20th century. When I first glanced at the pic I thought Lederer was Phoenix...am I right or what?

The similarity prompted me to do extensive research on the Prague born actor, and by extensive, I mean via Wikipedia. From what I did read Lederer seemed like a rather gifted actor with a knack for real estate. In the following excerpt from Wikipedia, check out the name of his second wife...

"Although Lederer had been married briefly twice before – the second time to the Mexican American actress MarĂ­a Marguerita Guadalupe Teresa Estela Bolado, who went by the stage name Margo – his third marriage to Marion Irvine, who served as Los Angeles' Commissioner of Cultural Affairs,[3] lasted 59 years. Lederer worked up until the week before he died, at the age of 100, in Palm Springs, California, one of the last surviving World War I veterans of the Austro-Hungarian army."

Ya learn somethin' new every day:)

4 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

If you haven't seen Return to Paradise, I highly recommend that you do so immediately. It's amazing.

Oh and Joaquin Phoenix is in it.

lovelit said...

Thanks for the tip, jar...I will:)

Jarhead™ said...

Haha, Tip Jar. Get it?

lovelit said...

"I'm all about the wordplay" ~Jason Mraz ;), but then again, you probably already knew that one!!!