Friday, October 24, 2008

A Box Worth Openin'...


Pandora, The Music Genome Project. I may be a bit behind in my utilization of this awesome website, but I'd like to share it just in case any music lovers out there haven't found it. You can go to this site and create your own radio station. For example, I registered, which is free, typed in Gavin DeGraw as the artist of choice, and now Pandora's created a "radio station" that plays nothing but songs with beats and tones similar to that of DeGraw; i.e., Jason Mraz, Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Dave Matthews Band, Rob Thomas, Colbie Callait, etc. Once the song is playing you can click the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" sign, and Pandora will make note of it and either continue to play that artist and songs similar to him/her or take him off of your "station". There's a Pandora app for the iPhone too, and you can just jam to whatever you're into, wherever you are...is the 21st century cool or what?! www.pandora.com

P.S. Site gives you info. about the artist and provides you the opportunity to purchase the music, of course...at the click of a button! And, yes, I should be a paid spokesperson for these people.

4 comments:

Jarhead™ said...

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I dig Jason Mraz.

That'll be our little secret.

lovelit said...

I tried.

Ryan said...

The iPhone app is awesome, i use it all the time.

Anonymous said...

I am now a member of Pandora...
Thanks