Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Randomization


Yeah, that's probably not a word, but it sounds good in my head right now. I haven't blogged in a while, been busy. I am currently sweating after hanging a few more things in my classroom while it's hot, hot, hot in heeya; I know, I know, the A/C can't cool this behemoth building in one fail swoop; it takes a bit. Anyway, some thoughts from the past week or so:

- Harry Potter 6 was good, although 4 and 5 are still my favs. The last movie is being split into two...I can see where they'd have to do that; one's tookus can only take so much of theatre sitting.
- A woman paid for my Earl Grey latte (try one) in the Starbucks drive thru yesterday morning. I was giddy; I thought that was super nice, so I paid for the guy behind me...I wonder how long that kept going...Pay It Forward:)
- May, the adopted dog, had to go...to the shelter. I hope she's already been adopted.
- I started reading the book of Joshua last night for several reasons. As I was reading, my notes informed me that Joshua had been Moses' assistant for 40 years...amazing. I knew he was his predecessor, but I didn't understand he'd been around Moses that long. Joshua was an amazing leader, and I think I'll learn a lot from him over the next couple of weeks.
- The story of the mom murdering her baby in San Antonio makes my heart hurt.
- Summer is too short, but I am soooo ready for Fall.
- My little brother is getting married in three weeks.
- I could watch CSI and Law and Order for hours...but I won't.
- "Methland" is an astonishing, realistic view (so far) into the lives of small town Iowans trying to get by.
- My daughter's laugh is my favorite sound in the world.
- I've got to get to work...
- Have a magnificent day:)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hope all is well!
Really missing your posts!