Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WhattaWeek


If you read my previous posts you'll see that we recently "rescued", or co-rescued a beagle named May. May is quiet, meek, and really very sweet...that is, until I leave the house. I was naive and overly trusting to leave her in the house when I went to have lunch with a friend on Tuesday. I was gone for two hours on. the. dot. I pulled up and from my drive I could see my ravaged curtains in every window in the front of our house. I probably started to hyperventilate. I walked in, and every window that she could get to, minus one very weird and accessible exception, was naked or semi-naked. My curtains lay in tatters, and there was doggy snot on my windows. I was in shock. I put her outside without a word. I was up until 1 this morning hanging (new curtains, that is), sweeping, wiping, etc. I feel bad for May, and in the words of the Dixie Chicks: she just needs "wide open spaces". My home, nor my bank account can afford to take another hit:(

So, get her a crate you say. I did. I put her in it so I could go to Lowe's to purhcase more curtains, rods, panels, etc. When I returned she'd bent the metal frame...how, I don't know. She's almost catatonic when we're home, but her inner Hyde roars her head when we're gone. I've talked to my cousin, who lives on a ranch, about taking her. I hope it works out because this former miniature dachsund household isn't quite equipped for Miss May.

No comments: