Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cheerful Conversation


As I climbed into bed tonight, instead of a kiss or an "I Love You", my husband begins to tell me that Mexico is suffering from a pandemic in the form of a flu and that it's killing people our age. He then mentions past pandemics that killed more people than were lost in World War I or the Bubonic Plague. And now I'm supposed to go to sleep? Of course not. I'm heading to the place where I go for answers to all questions...the Google.

Here's what I found from the AP As I was reading through the article, a few sentences caught my eye: Authorities urged people to stay home if they feel sick and to avoid shaking hands or kissing people on the cheeks.; not a problem. I'm not about the kissing on the cheeks. Next:The local Roman Catholic Church recommended that priests shorten Mass; place communion wafers in worshippers' hands, instead of their mouths; and ask parishioners to avoid kissing or shaking hands during the rite of peace. The Archdiocese also said Catholics could fulfill their Mass obligation by radio. That's it, I'm staying home and watching the God channel tomorrow.

1 comment:

So Sassy said...

After the delivery of antibacterial spray to my classroom, I started thinking about one of my students that recently told me about her pet pig. I visualized what I would look like teaching with a mask and latex gloves on. We could start a new fad? Oh...and we could stick our tongue out at people and they would never know!!!!! :o)